The YMCAs of Australia are guided to achieve their Mission by the following Christian values.
• The whole person, consisting of a body, a mind and a spirit each of which is of equal importance.
• The dignity and intrinsic worth of all people regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, belief or other difference.
• Diversity of people, communities and nations.
• Equality of opportunity and justice for all people.
• Healthy communities based on relationships between people which are characterised by love, understanding and mutual respect.
• Acceptance of personal responsibility.
These core values translate into four key operational values:
Honesty – Respect – Caring – Responsibility